CSS is a style sheet language that helps in better presentation of the documents. It provides a lot of options to be used in HTML development. It helps in the faster and easier development of web pages. A CSS framework helps to contain predefined libraries of code. This is the reason why people have started opting for PSD to CSS conversion. The grid based framework helps to set up a multi-column arrangement with predefined pixel widths so you can focus on creating content instead of lining up blocks of text. However, the question arises whether it is good to use a CSS framework. Let us discuss the merits and demerits of using a CSS framework.
•1Use of CSS framework speeds up your development. It provides you code for common tasks like resets etc. so that you do not have to write it every time.
• It enables cross browser functionality. CSS framework ensures that your web application looks similar on all browsers. It does so by providing a suitable code.
• It gives you a clean and symmetrical layout. The grid-based CSS framework helps to set up a multi-column arrangement with predefined pixel widths. It saves you the effort of tweaking the pixel widths of columns to find out whether they line up.
• CSS framework helps to enforce a good web design habit. It allows you to include a print style sheet and provides you a set of selectors. You can use them for all websites you want to develop with the framework. It helps to create consistency in web design and you do not have to remember what you did for one site or another.
• A CSS framework restricts your freedom. It has a standard set of grids, selectors which limit what one can do with a design, its layout, grid width, button types etc. Eventually you are left with the same framework in order to save time and develop design quickly. On the other hand, if you do not use CSS framework, you will spend more time to learn the code and use a new framework.
• It also adds extra code to your design. This is because it adds some code which you may not use for every feature of a framework. This way you get stuck with extra code. It could become a problem especially if you want to design a light website.
• It forces you to use the framework's semantics. If you have a preferred system for CSS elements, this could prove to be annoying. However, if you plan to collaborate with other developers and designers, it could be a problem.
• It consumes a lot of time. If you are not familiar with CSS framework, it may take a lot of time for you to get accustomed to it. Thus you will lose a lot of time.
Thus we have seen that CSS framework has its own set of merits and demerits. In order to get the best results you should hire a reputed PSD to CSS service provider who can use CSS effectively and provide a quality result.
xhtml.pixelcrayons.com converts your design files from various common image formats into best quality cross-browser compatible W3C validated XHTML/CSS markup. Visit at xhtml.pixelcrayons.com for best PSD to HTML, PSD to Wordpress, PSD to Joomla, PSD to Drupal and PSD to Magento conversion services.